0/5: EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!
No votes

Total votes: 2
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Torchwood 2x05: Adam

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in about an hour. Given the quality of this series' previous episodes (at least by TW standards) I'm becoming cautiously optimistic about it's prospects.

Rochey, hopefully this'll prevent duplicate threads, eh? :P
Last edited by Captain Seafort on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damnit, Seafort, I was just about to post this! :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

At least I got it in before you started writing, saves on the duplicates.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, I thought this episode was quite a good one. Again, it was nice to see the team solve problems that aren't their own.
The idea of an alien that changes your memories is actualy quite interesting, and I think they did justice to the concept here. Also, I think the fact that they didn't explain what Adam was or where he came from is a good thing, they'd only have screwed it up if they did.
I feel sorry for Reece, though. The amount of crap he has to put up with with Gwen around. I think I pitty him more than any member of Torchwood.
Gotta say, I actualy found myself feeling sorry for Owen in his attempts to get Tosh to notice his interest in her. It was adorably clumsy. :)

Why the hell did they call it 'Dave' though? Was Adam originaly supposed to be named Dave, and someone just forgot to change the episode name? :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

That's my fault for putting up the thread before watching the episode - the TV paper said "Dave" the episode, when it was broadcast, said "Adam". My apologies - title corrected.

Overall, a weird one - it'll be interesting to see how much of a role Jack's memories will play in the rest of the series. A lot, judging by what I remember of the series trailer.

Next week: oh bugger, look who's back.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, okay then.

Argh, Miss Useless is back again!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I'm leaving the next episode till next week - the confusion of trying to make sense of this one is quite enough Torchwood for me, thank you very much.

Plus I expect to need all the patience I can muster to put up with that blithering idiot.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I heard that Martha's episode is on BBC3 tonight, but I really can't get myself enthusiastic about watching more Torchwood tonight, despite the above-average episode we got this time. I'll leave it 'till next week.