The worst film ever?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

As for the movie never being better than the book, go read Die Hard, then watch Die Hard. Then let me know if I found the exception to the rule.

As far as I'm concerned, Die Hard the book has only one purpose: Emergency Toilet Paper...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

A couple of other examples courtesy of Tom Clancy: The Hunt For Red October, the film is more accessible than the book, if you don't have a major interest in submarines, and Patriot Games. The OK film is better than the awful, awful book. If that had been the first Clancy I read, there wouldn't have been a second.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Foxbat wrote:As for the movie never being better than the book, go read Die Hard, then watch Die Hard. Then let me know if I found the exception to the rule.

As far as I'm concerned, Die Hard the book has only one purpose: Emergency Toilet Paper...
Was that a novelization of the film? If so, I think that it probably doesn't count as a discussion point for these purposes. If that was actually a pre-existing book which was made into a screenplay fro the film, then I really have to campaign for mandatory licenses for authors.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

I remember reading somewhere that in the original novel McClane is ex Special Forces; One of the things I liked about the film is that it avoided that biggest action movie cliche.