Oh my god why.......

In the real world
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oh my god why.......

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So now it's not "Interfering with a crime is illegal in Britain" but rather people don't want to?

Of course, this isn't true either.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Or at least as true as anywhere else. I wouldnt step into a macheti attack, I would call for help and help after the fact, but fuck stepping into that.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

While I don't expect everyone to be as able with blades as myself. Were I in a lazy mood, I'd be more then happy to just shoot the guy and call it a day.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Deepcrush wrote:While I don't expect everyone to be as able with blades as myself. Were I in a lazy mood, I'd be more then happy to just shoot the guy and call it a day.
Not without a gun you wouldn't. If you where here you wouldn't be allowed a gun.
email, ergo spam
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, all's the more reason I wouldn't live there. As I said, I'm not above killing with my hands if I have too but I sometimes feel lazy and a backup is a nice option to have.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Since they weren't actually threatening any of the bystanders, no bystander had a reason to kill them.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They were butchering a man in the streets, that's as good a reason as you can get.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

During the butchering, sure. But whilst everyone was standing around waiting for the cops there was no butchering going on and no reason to kill them.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That only works if there were NO bystanders during the commission of the crime. Otherwise, it's just an SEP excuse for doing nothing.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

GrahamKennedy wrote:During the butchering, sure. But whilst everyone was standing around waiting for the cops there was no butchering going on and no reason to kill them.
So then why didn't they do it while it was happening?
Mikey wrote:That only works if there were NO bystanders during the commission of the crime. Otherwise, it's just an SEP excuse for doing nothing.
Simple cowardice, even for them this is a rather pathetic response.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:So then why didn't they do it while it was happening?
Because taking on a bloke armed with a knife and clearly mentally unstable is potentially quite dangerous. Most people have a strong instinct for self-preservation, and are therefore reluctant to dive into such situations. There's also the fact that the initial natural human reaction to sudden violence in the absence of an imminent, direct, and identifiable threat is to freeze, and likely be unable to come up with solutions that might seem obvious to people presented with the dry facts after the event. It is therefore abnormal for people to dive into such situations to aid others, which is why those who do frequently receive the GC or GM.

Speaking of which, TR-116 time. Does the US have an equivalent to the GC?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:Because taking on a bloke armed with a knife and clearly mentally unstable is potentially quite dangerous. Most people have a strong instinct for self-preservation, and are therefore reluctant to dive into such situations. There's also the fact that the initial natural human reaction to sudden violence in the absence of an imminent, direct, and identifiable threat is to freeze, and likely be unable to come up with solutions that might seem obvious to people presented with the dry facts after the event. It is therefore abnormal for people to dive into such situations to aid others, which is why those who do frequently receive the GC or GM.
Where I live, if you see someone trying or in the process of killing someone. Our natural reaction is to kill them before they succeed or before they can hurt anyone else.
Captain Seafort wrote:Speaking of which, TR-116 time. Does the US have an equivalent to the GC?
Don't know what those are.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Don't know what those are.
The George Cross. It's the UK's highest award for gallantry open to civilians, or for the armed forces for acts not in the face of the enemy.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh, we have things similar. We have National awards as well as some state, county and city specific.

We have locally the Merit of the Commonwealth and the national equal is the Citizens Valor Award.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm no vigilante, but Deep's got the right of this. Where I'm from, a "bloke's" natural reaction to seeing someone being victimized is to do one's best to kick the ever-loving shit out of the victimizer. ESPECIALLY if the victimizer is only armed with a kitchen utensil.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer