What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Mikey »

BTW, @ Mark - my doc told me to look into epidural injections as an option for my back. Unfortunately, anything acting like a corticosteroid plays merry hell with my blood sugar. Long-term outlook: surgery, or pray for something good to be invented.

@ my Brit friends - is everyone all Union-Jack-flying, shit-eating happy about this wedding, or is anyone a little miffed at footing the (exorbitant) bill for a party to which they weren't invited?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:@ my Brit friends - is everyone all Union-Jack-flying, shit-eating happy about this wedding, or is anyone a little miffed at footing the (exorbitant) bill for a party to which they weren't invited?
Neither. I have no issue with footing my bit of the bill, but I am somewhat pissed off by the Beeb's apparent insistence that there's nothing else happening in the world.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Captain Seafort wrote: but I am somewhat pissed off by the Beeb's apparent insistence that there's nothing else happening in the world.
Especially now it's the day after, and it's still all they're talking about.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Captain Seafort wrote:Good to see you back SG. Where were you? Work got a bit hectic?
Something like that. A lot of things started to pile up on top of each other, so I've spent most of the last month or two running from one place to another. All sorted now, though.
Mikey wrote:Good to... er, read you. You must have been preparing to attend the royal wedding, I presume.
Doing my best to find a news station that wasn't spending 90% of the last weke talking about it, more like.
Mikey wrote:Well, Tholian Avenger's back, and to all appearances has turned over a new... tree.
Yeah, I just had a look at that. Good on him.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Welcome back, SG.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Condan1993 wrote:Especially now it's the day after, and it's still all they're talking about.
At least we've got the highest possible authority to ignore everything, given who did a runner at the earliest possible opportunity for a "private weekend" (i.e. get away from the hoards of journalists, I expect). :lol: I don't blame her.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

In colombia today and tomorrow heading through the panama canal which is something I have always wanted to do, then up the west coast to alasaka with a few stops on the way!
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Um....since your their anyway, can you do me a favor? At a small bar named "Chavez" their is a man called "Fidel" who has a suitcase for me. Go up to him and he'll tell you "The beer is weak"...if you tell him "But the Tequlia is strong" he'll give it to you. You likely won't want to open it...just stash it in your cabin till you get out of the region, then fed ex it over to me.

There's $20 bucks in it for ya :D
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:Um....since your their anyway, can you do me a favor? At a small bar named "Chavez" their is a man called "Fidel" who has a suitcase for me. Go up to him and he'll tell you "The beer is weak"...if you tell him "But the Tequlia is strong" he'll give it to you. You likely won't want to open it...just stash it in your cabin till you get out of the region, then fed ex it over to me.

There's $20 bucks in it for ya :D
Amateurs... 8)
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Unless....you've got one of your old...ahem..."company" contacts down there Deep ;)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think we have a guy(s) who supports our international relations down there.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Welcome back, SG.

The wedding stuff's on BBC America, too. Natch.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Oh, if only it was just BBC America. The wedding was a day and a half ago, and all over the dial there are still recap shows, fashion analyses, replays, and Baphomet-knows what else. I even saw one talking head, rather humorously, lay into David Beckham for a) wearing his Cross at an event at which only military honors should be worn, and b) wearing it on the wrong lapel.

I do have to say, though - one in-frigging-credible car that Charles lent his eldest.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

When I saw the car, I smiled, the rest I don't think I could have cared less about the rest of the ceremony.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Was there a big wedding recently? I must have missed it. :P

I honestly don't know what the big deal is, though I never gave a rats ass about any "celebrity" watching anyway. Yeah, Joe Shmoe is a great actor. Who cares who he's dating or what he ate for lunch yesterday?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who