The Ranting Thread

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: The Ranting Thread

Post by Captain Seafort »

As for bottle, there's Edrich and Close against the Windies on the evening of the third day of the Old Trafford test back in '76. Or, for that matter, Viv playing in his cap against all comers.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:As for bottle, there's Edrich and Close against the Windies on the evening of the third day of the Old Trafford test back in '76. Or, for that matter, Viv playing in his cap against all comers.
I'm sorry, I don't speak that language. I hear, though, that Seafort's favorite footballer might be making a move, eh?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Captain Seafort wrote:As for bottle, there's Edrich and Close against the Windies on the evening of the third day of the Old Trafford test back in '76. Or, for that matter, Viv playing in his cap against all comers.
I suspect that was because it was set in a time where there was very little concept of health and safety...
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Mont ... efus.shtml

It's in french, but to summarise it: Montreal's administration has decided to make a declaration to prevent boats with radioactive elements to go on the waterway of the St-Lawrence.

1- A city has no jurisdiction over the waterways of Canada, it's a Federal jurisdiction :bangwall:
2- The cargo that concerns them are steam-generators, only very lightly radioactive, to be sold in bulk to Sweden. It's not even Nuclear material! :bangwall: :bangwall:
3- The cargoship is already outfitted with 10 times more security than on average :bangwall: :bangwall:
4- THE CITY HAS NO JURISDICTION OVER THE WATERWAYS!!! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Fuck that administration! They spend their time slowing down projects to include more public transportation on a fucking HIGHWAY INTERCHANGE! They can't rule over their blue collars, have 0 leadership, and has been crippled with corruption allegations in the past years. They try to get themselves a nice sugar coating by going with these kind of nonsense projects, rather than going after the potholes the size of a FUCKING CAR littering the city, or getting the FUCKING MAIN STREET OPEN, after A FUCKING 8 MONTHS OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS!

It seems this administration is determined to ruin Montreal.
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

I'm soooo happy I live 250km East of Montreal... :P
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Praeothmin wrote:I'm soooo happy I live 250km East of Montreal... :P
The city is very nice, it's this administration who seems determined to make it crappy.

On the other hand, this administration is the result of the current Provincial Gov's action of cancelling the municipality forced-fusion that occured in 2003, which led to an ungovernable city.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

thelordharry wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EquhxgZr ... re=related

This was of course in the days when everybody in Britain used to actually attend the final.
We often attend, we just simply don't take part ;)
email, ergo spam
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

IanKennedy wrote:
thelordharry wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EquhxgZr ... re=related

This was of course in the days when everybody in Britain used to actually attend the final.
We often attend, we just simply don't take part ;)
It's a great day out though. Been to one in 1992, Liverpool v Sunderland. I'm sure I was on Pathe News the next day :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Victory is Life »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Mont ... efus.shtml

It's in french, but to summarise it: Montreal's administration has decided to make a declaration to prevent boats with radioactive elements to go on the waterway of the St-Lawrence.

1- A city has no jurisdiction over the waterways of Canada, it's a Federal jurisdiction :bangwall:
2- The cargo that concerns them are steam-generators, only very lightly radioactive, to be sold in bulk to Sweden. It's not even Nuclear material! :bangwall: :bangwall:
3- The cargoship is already outfitted with 10 times more security than on average :bangwall: :bangwall:
4- THE CITY HAS NO JURISDICTION OVER THE WATERWAYS!!! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

f**k that administration! They spend their time slowing down projects to include more public transportation on a f***ing HIGHWAY INTERCHANGE! They can't rule over their blue collars, have 0 leadership, and has been crippled with corruption allegations in the past years. They try to get themselves a nice sugar coating by going with these kind of nonsense projects, rather than going after the potholes the size of a f***ing CAR littering the city, or getting the f***ing MAIN STREET OPEN, after A f***ing 8 MONTHS OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS!

It seems this administration is determined to ruin Montreal.

I was born in Montreal, and it is my favorite city in the world. I personally find that this corruption and all these other issues give Montreal character and makes me feel like it's 1989 all over again. Its got SPICE baby!!! Alot better than fucking Toronto, whose administration throws money down the crapper trying to make the city more sterile and soulless that it already is, if that's possible. Be grateful you live in Montreal, there is no other city like it on the planet, and if I could make the money there that I make here, I'd be back in a flash...Remember how 'unlucky' you feel to live there next time you are sitting on a patio on Crescent street on a hot summer day, sipping sangria and watching HAWT Montreal girls saunter by two and fro, the hottest women in the world...Then writew to me and complain...If you are a guy that is, or not gay...I wasnt being insulting, Im not sure so that is my disclaimer.
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Victory is Life wrote:Remember how 'unlucky' you feel to live there next time you are sitting on a patio on Crescent street on a hot summer day, sipping sangria and watching HAWT Montreal girls saunter by two and fro, the hottest women in the world...Then writew to me and complain...If you are a guy that is, or not gay...I wasnt being insulting, Im not sure so that is my disclaimer.
A guy, and not gay. And I know how Montreal is wonderful. I lived in Dubai for a year, which is probably the biggest contrast of a huge soulless city I could ever taste. Back in Montreal and its little touch of chaos and charm, and the girllllls...

(Although I heard being Gay in Montreal is also very nice, but I can't vouch for it).

It's just that we have so much potential, and that stupid corruption is wasting so much of it. It's making the city actually less nice to hang out in, which is just wrong. No, it's not merely "wrong", it's a Sin!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I understand there being one night of flashy bangy things in the sky. If it was just one night I could live with it. But 2 weeks before hand and the next week after?

Why the hell are the buggery things even legal to sell to the public?

And yes, I am getting crankier in my old age.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I can understand the weekend after, as a lot of people (namely my father) doesn't actually get in till 8 ish at night and at that point sort of...collapses in exhaustion.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Thats fair enough I guess. Just bugs me that they seem to sell the things to anyone. Either that or theres some pretty crappy parents out there. In anycase, setting off explosives near a main road over (barely) peoples houses should not be allowed.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

True enough. I'd like to think that people are responsible enough to reserve fireworks for a communal display in your local area, but I think some people are just too lazy to make the effort to go out. Or they want to drink and yet don't want at taxi.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I know, for me at least, that blowing up fireworks yourself is much more satisfying and fun than simply watching a display. :twisted:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939