Hadron Colider back on track... So they say.

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Hadron Colider back on track... So they say.

Post by Nickswitz »

Captain Seafort wrote:Depending on the question asked, the numbers could well be accurate - the problem is that someone (a ten year old maybe) needs to explain to Fox the concept of overlapping populations.

Yeah...

Or they should just be completely disregarded as possibly intelligent...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nickswitz wrote:Or they should just be completely disregarded as possibly intelligent...
I think the second part of my point covered that pretty well. The stupidity isn't in the numbers - it's putting them into a pie chart.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, what seems to have happened is that they asked "would you back Palin/Huckleberry/Romney" as three seperate questions. Obviously, most people said they'd back at least two of them.

The mistake, as Seafort points out, was putting the data together in a fucking pie chart. Something which your average secondary school student would be able to point out the problem of.. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"