Capathia Class.

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Capathia Class.

Post by Minnsky »

Im not nearly as good as Darkomen but i thought i could show one of my fedy ships. Carpathia class. The model still needs some texture work but its model it prity much done. This is also the ship that Minnsky (Daystrom RPG) came from. Any thoughts would be nice.

Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

General overview. (there might be some errors in here science wise.)

Shortly after the start of the Domion war (2373) the Federation realized that they needed a fast well protected medical repair ship. Their answer was the Carpathia class. Fitted with some of the most modern and some of the old reliable technology, the Carpathia has been found to be quite a reliable ship in supporting other stations. But also in defending itself. Some of the new features that the federation put on the Carpathia include.

Transporters, Advancement in transported coils and annular confiment beam lead to the new transports. There the same shape and size of the normal transporter but instead of transporting a standing individual it is capable of transporting a person in any position and a much greater distanced. In some ships the captain of toughs ships have allowed experimental transporters that supposable transport though shielding. The vessels that have such transporters cannot be named.

Shielding, One feature of the Carpathia class was the ability of the crew to manipulate different functions of the ship, The U.S.S. Carpathia 10625-B was one ship that changed a function of the ship namely the shielding. During a F-I-I conflict which is classified Chief engineer Lieutenant Commander Reg'tr sent antimatter particles though the shield matrix protecting the ship from any damage for a few minuets, unfortunately it drained the antimatter reserves to the point were they couldn't run there warp core. Though teams of scientist are now working on a way around that problem.

Weapons, Dew to the inencresinly demanding need for firing at lots of targets and doing it fast the Federation has designed the Multi vector Phaser. The beam of energy is split in to two beams buy a small device mounted on the bank. Powered by a nuclear thrust engine the device can move at rapid speeds making it seam there is not a beam of phaser fire but a wall of it.

Warp nacelles, though not completely new in design. The warp nacelles of the Carpathia class are rather long and are split in to three parts. The first is the buzzard collector standard in all ships, the second is the newly enhanced (making space flight past warp 5 possible) fully saturated warp coils and the third a newly enhanced (making space flight past warp 5 possible) unsaturated nacelle. The first powered nacelle section can fire for 2.45 seconds instantly putting the Carpathia in to warp with out time for saturation, then the third part kicks in. This allows the Carpathia class to evacuate an aria before a shot can be had or (buy using both sections at the same time.) get to warp 5 in 1.6 seconds. (The mouver is not suggested dew to the sudden high velocity which could in theory kill the crew before the Inertia dampeners could compensate.)
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Isn;t that ship a little bit too fat for 18 decks? what deck height would you want to use and I must say you can keep the flat shape, but the windows would be nearly useless and a lo of space would be wasted by having walls angled so steep people could not stand in it properly. Think about it.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think the basic idea is a good one, but didn't ships contemporary with this generally use an elliptical, rather than round, saucer?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

yes i think so though i hate the look. i know poor reason but damit its my ship. lol ships do in time go back to the round saucers then back to enloglated ones.
As for the deck issue, i figured the bridge was one deck and just extrapolated from there.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You're right - it IS your ship, and you could paint it green and call it a gecko if you want to. As far as the angle of the forward wall on the upper decks, you could probably explain that as machinery, storage/transport of medical supplies, etc.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

there is a portion of that section that drops down so it is even with the bottom of the saucer. though i do like the storage idea, it would be a good place for antimatter and matter storage. it would assist with the warp feed speed.