Eminence Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I would like to see the secondary hull a little thicker but over all i love it.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Why the four nacelles, though? You never explained that?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Back up. Incase the main ones get damaged.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Yeah... its a redundant system.... powered by its own core with its own nacelles. it is still a quantum slipstream drive like the larger, but if when under power only from the smaller pair, the ship can travel at only a maximum of warp 8.
Bernd
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Bernd »

The latest version is definitely an improvement and gives the ship the distinctiveness that the previous Sovereign cut&paste stuff didn't have. But like Bryan Moore I wonder why you changed everything else and kept just the four nacelles.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I don't think you need the backup explaination. There's several ships in Star Trek that run on more than two engines. Federation and non-federation. I'm not going to go through them all but there's many out there. Some even run on just one :P
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well, since the original specs call for it to have a quantum slipstream drive, maybe the new warp field dynamics require 4 nacelles for a more stable slipstream flight. I know the dauntless and voyager only have two, but a.) the dauntless is a different cultures technology, and b.) voyager didnt really fare too well from the flight.

but you're right monroe; Prometheus, constellation, All Good things E-D all had >2 nacelles and all had 4 warp coils. So, i really dont see any reason why its that hard to believe. Maybe i will work a MVAM into the design for it at some point :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I would love to see this ship in battle! :D
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

yeah me too!!! maybe when i get ALOT more free time, ill do up another 3D shot of it in battle... We got Rochey's story though in the interim. silly Rochey took out the Transphaisc torpedos in his story though :P damn federation bureaucrats :)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, it would be a bit difficult to write a good story if one ship could one shot Laithan battleships. :P

I'm going to have the ship in the forefront of the war though, so there will be some combat with the Enterprise-F.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm going to have the ship in the forefront of the war though, so there will be some combat with the Enterprise-F.
And he won't be alone! :twisted:
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I have not looked at many of these designs, but I find it difficult to think any will top this ship. Very nice job.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I have not looked at many of these designs, but I find it difficult to think any will top this ship. Very nice job.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Thanks man!