GAR V CIS, take 2

What will be the outcome of the war?

CIS major victory - the CIS forces shatter the GAR, conquering the galaxy in short order
No votes
CIS minor victory - the war drags on for years and years, but eventualy the CIS gains the upper hand and defeats their enemies
29%
Draw - the war drags on with no end in sight. The two sides negotiate a ceasefire, with some parts of the galaxy under CIS and GR control
No votes
GR minor victory - the war drags on for years, but the GAR eventualy defeats the CIS
57%
GR major victory - the GAR crushes the CIS uprising rapidly, leaving the Republic in firm control of the galaxy
14%

Total votes: 7
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

GAR V CIS, take 2

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, I'm interested in seeing how people think the CIS would have fared against the Republic without Palpatine setting them up to lose.
The events of AOTC happen as normal. Unfortunately, Palpatine chokes to death on a grape a few days later. With the original plan ruined, Dooku decides to go to Plan B, and decides to use the CIS to conquer the galaxy and crush the Republic.
How does the war go now?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: GAR V CIS, take 2

Post by Mikey »

GAR minor victory. CIS may have the edge in numbers/replacement of attrition; but without Palpy to issue Order 66, the GAR has the advantage of an intact Jedi Order (as well as their prior superority in materiel.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GAR minor victory. Sidious couldn't have intervened too overtly to hinder the Republic side, or he'd have risked revealing himself. On the other hand, the CIS would have had the advantage of a large and easilly replaceable army at the outset, and would probably have made considerable gains before the Republic could get onto a proper war footing. At this stage things would be touch and go - it's a distinct possibility that the CIS would be able to overwhelm the Republic before it got fully up and running. Once that had been achieved, however, the Republic's sheer size whould have overwhelmed the Separatists, who wouldn't have had the inside knowledge needed to launch potentially war-winning attacks such as that against Coruscant.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

In the movies and now in the new CGI cartoon there are a few examples when the Jedi a surprised that the CIS, had some information so that they were able to stop an offencive escape,.. so without the flow of informations from Palpine the CIS would be overun.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hey, Seafort agreed with me fully on the analysis of a war! Go me!
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, that was my reading of it too.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's like having Rommel agree with you on your use of armor units.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The master has spoken. :P