Dukat-class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Dukat-class

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I can't believe i'm saying this, but i have to agree with Deep on this one.

The borg use adaptive shields kind of. When the phasers hit a drone the drone records information about it. The more times it's hit with that same frequency phaser the more accruate it's readings get. Then the borg collective processes the information and changes the frequencies of all the rest of the Drones shields to make them invounerable.

Regenerative shielding is like what the Dominion used those work by using enemy fire to recharge the shield and actually have them regain lost power during battle.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

All shields regen or adapt to a point. The thing is what are they meant to do overall... what is their primary defensive design. Are they meant to adapt to whatever is hitting and try to deflect the damage or are they meant too absorb the damage in such a fashion that the enemy weapons and sheilds fail to have any further effect.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Are you talking about Adaptive or Regenerative Shielding?

My take on it is Adaptive, adapt to the wepon so as to become resistant in one form or another.

Regenerative use enemy fire to reinforce their own shilds:
Graham: Sci-tech: Force Fields: Shielding wrote:The most recent advance in shielding systems is the Regenerative shield. This system was employed by the Dominion in the planetary defence network around Chintaka.12 The regenerative shield allows a portion of the enemy fire to be diverted through the shield generator to reinforce the shield layer - the amount of damage that a weapon impact does is thus greatly reduced. The effectiveness of the reinforcement depends on the shield generator design, but typically the effectiveness of a shield will be increased several fold by the addition of regenerative capacity
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.