Terminator: Salvation (spoilers)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Terminator: Salvation (spoilers)

Post by Teaos »

How is this movie getting such bad reviews?

I just saw it today and thought it was great!! Marcus was epic in it, at first I was thinking "who the hell is this guy" tyring to think if he tied into the other movies, but then I just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Hell he over shadowed John Connor who at best was just "meh". Not good, not bad, but totally over shadowed by better characters.

The plot was predictable as fuck. Literally the second I saw Marcus sign the papers in the cell I knew exactly what they were going to do with him. Not an original idea...

But the eye candy was awesome, the semi asian girl was yummy and the movie flowed well.

I have no idea why the critics are ragging on this so much.

Not exactly high brow, but not nearly as pointless as Wolverine. A great way to kill 2 hours. 4/5.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Terminator: Salvation

Post by Praeothmin »

The story wasn't able to pull me in, and I also agree that Connor wasn't that great a character (which is odd considering I'm a big Bale fan).

I honestly thought the movie would have been better if...
SPOILERS

John Connor at the end didn't take the Marcus's heart and had died.
I think the movie would have been more powerful.

I did love the "Arnie-nator" though, I thought it was cool.
3.5/5
:D
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

3/5 at most, sure it looked nice but story was just meh.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Another moronic story...
spoilers

Why send a cyborg to get Connor to go to San Fransisco just so that they can kill him there. Surely it would have been easier to get the first cyborg to kill Connor in the first place. And they capture his dad as bait to get Connor to go there, why not simply kill his dad and stop him from existing.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ian Reply spoiler:

Because as they said they had tried time and again to kill his through assasination and it had never worked. They had sent terminators, they had tried to take him out, and failed everytime, so they did something new, they tricked him into the middle of their fortress where killing him should be assured.

Also they were most likely going to kill the Kyle aswell, they were just waiting to use him as bait. He was in the middle of their fortress, rescue in their mind was impossible so why hurry.

Also killing him does not guarante Connor will disapear from THIS time line right away. Time travel effects are not well shown here.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I thought it was a good move too...

I actually liked the fact that Marcus was more the main character than Connor, his character's been done enough in the last three, he was close enough that we could see how much has changed since T3, but at the same time it wasn't boring us with every little thing and character change/defect in Connor.

The Plot was predictable, especially with the previews they had...but still good. As Teaos pointed out the girl there didn't hurt.

Response to Ian *spoiler:

I'm not sure if skynet knew at this point that kyle was Connor's father...IIRC their lure to get Conner in was the huge human population they had there that would have been wiped out. My one major critique of the movie was the fact that skynet already recognized connor as a major threat at this point....He wasn't even close to a major leader at this point in time, this is long before they started sending Terminators back at him.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Lt. Staplic wrote: I'm not sure if skynet knew at this point that kyle was Connor's father...IIRC their lure to get Conner in was the huge human population they had there that would have been wiped out. My one major critique of the movie was the fact that skynet already recognized connor as a major threat at this point....He wasn't even close to a major leader at this point in time, this is long before they started sending Terminators back at him.
And yet it knew enough to take Kyle hostage and build a terminator programmed to get Connor to come to SF.
email, ergo spam
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

IanKennedy wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote: I'm not sure if skynet knew at this point that kyle was Connor's father...IIRC their lure to get Conner in was the huge human population they had there that would have been wiped out. My one major critique of the movie was the fact that skynet already recognized connor as a major threat at this point....He wasn't even close to a major leader at this point in time, this is long before they started sending Terminators back at him.
And yet it knew enough to take Kyle hostage and build a terminator programmed to get Connor to come to SF.
That's my question though, did it intentionally capture Kyle, or was it just going after different people, capturing as many as it could. And IIRC, Marcus wasn't supposed to get Connor to San Francisco, He was programed to go so that they could then start giving him his missions.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Terminator: Salvation (spoilers)

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Spoiler tag added to thread title.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:Spoiler tag added to thread title.
Damn. I should've thought of that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Finally. Post in a normal color!

What about adding a
tag? It's on a few other forums and it automatically puts a black ground behind black text for spoilers so you have to highlight it to read it.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I had to highlight to read the spoilers in this thread already. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah but this does it without resorting to visually offensive text colors.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:Yeah but this does it without resorting to visually offensive text colors.
No, I think you're onto something there.

I need my glasses, though.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah we just dont have that option here. People either type in small font or make it a dark shade.